Experienced Attorney Government Civil Litigation

Centrally located in Walnut Creek, California, I represent clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California including Marin County, Sonoma, Napa, Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano Counties and beyond.

Bringing Legal Actions Against Government Entities And Government Employers

Lawsuits against government entities and government employers are not subject to the same rules as private entities and private persons, who are much easier to sue for damages. If the narrow angle is there that breaches the wall of what otherwise is government immunity against lawsuits, we have the experience to find it.

For nearly 20 years, I have been bringing government agency managers and supervisors as well as government entities to task in state and federal courts after they have caused harm to people and suppressed private property land use rights.

What Injury Or Injustice Involving A Government Entity Or Public Sector Employment Do You Face?

Have you been injured in an accident on government-owned property or land or injured in an accident by dangerous conditions caused by government negligence?

Has a government agency, county code enforcement entity, land use zoning department or the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or the California Regional Water Quality Board wrongfully over-regulated your land by misapplying the law? Are you now unable to use your land as intended and do you face potential fines and court orders?

Have you been disciplined or terminated at your job at a government agency or work in the area of public safety and now face discipline, although the problem is not you but rather incompetent management?

Are you a whistleblower and have you been harassed by management at your government job for wanting to do the right thing? At your job, have you been served a Notice of Intent to Discipline or received a notice that you may request a Skelly hearing? If so, it is absolutely critical for the protection of your legal right to sue that the initial administrative phase is handled competently by experienced counsel. Otherwise, you may waive your right to sue.

If any of these situations apply to you, you have contacted exactly the right law office. I have been bringing accountability to government administrative and public safety agencies for nearly 20 years and getting results.

The Path To Justice

Before you can file a lawsuit, a written claim must be presented usually within six months after the incident occurred. If that does not happen as is required by the law, you will not be able to sue for damages at all no matter how great your harm or damages. See the California Claims Act for details about claims and actions against public entities and employees.   

With limitations on liability that must be navigated and special procedural rules, getting compensation in such cases requires precise knowledge of the law. A failure to know the law can be fatal to a client’s case before it even gets started.

At Biggs Law Office, you will find counsel experienced with government litigation that you need to recover all compensation you are eligible for after an injury or to stop the wrongful application of administrative regulations on your use of your land.

Let’s Discuss Your Case

I am attorney Michael S. Biggs, practicing in the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California, representing people as plaintiffs. Bringing claims against public entities is one of my strengths. My experience includes a strong track record involving litigation in state, federal and administrative courts throughout the San Francisco Bay area and Northern California.

To schedule a consultation, call me at 925-933-1300 or send an email message.