Click Link To Page: Civil litigation with Government Public Entities, including Injury and Public Sector Employment Law.
Click Link To Page: Civil Litigation with Private Parties.
Click Link To Page: Administrative law defending Medical and Health Care Professional Licensees.
Click Link To Page: Litigating with Administrative Agencies-Land Use Regulations.
- Administrative law operates under much different procedural and evidentiary rules than criminal and civil law. The California Administrative Procedures Act (APA) is the governing body of statutes created by the California State Legislature https://oal.ca.gov/publications/administrative_procedure_act/
- The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) is the United States government version https://www.ecfr.gov/
- Medical and Health Care Professionals Licensure Defense. Defending against accusation on license by the State License Boards with an emphasis arising out of a well-developed skill set in defending medical field practitioner’s including nurses and physicians and others. An accusation brought against a professional license holder entails application of rules of licensee conduct established under the California Business and Professions Code.
- Government Civil Litigation with Public Entities, including Injury and Public Sector Employment Law practice areas: With filing lawsuits, government entities are not subject to the same rules as private entities “If it is there…the narrow angle that breaches the “wall” of what otherwise is “government immunity” against lawsuit …we have the experience to find it… We are focusing our practice in this area specifically on suing governmental agencies and governmental employers, whose negligence, actions or omissions have caused injury or arbitrarily and unreasonably over regulated land use.
- Land Use Regulatory. Defending land owners under challenges to land use brought by Administrative Agencies, County, state, boards and agencies.
- Civil Litigation practice areas: Civil Litigation that focuses on either defense or suing for specific types of business or consumer transactions entailing breach of contract terms, misrepresentation, deception, and unfair trade practices regulated by California Business and Professions Code 17200. And insurance bad faith failure to defend or cover insured losses (California Code of Regulations 10 CCR § 2695.1. An insurance policy is a contract.
Meet Your Attorney: Michael S. Biggs
I am the founder of Biggs Law Office APC ( A Professional Corporation) a boutique law office centrally located in Walnut Creek, California serving the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California. My law office was established in 2005 and for more than 17 years, I have dedicated myself to getting my clients through tough legal problems. I have extensive experience in state, federal and administrative courts handling various aspects of litigation and trial. An experienced effective attorney knows how to develop information and get to the facts and reveal the truth by asking purposed questions on the record with the witness under oath in court trials, hearings or depositions. It is that more than anything that makes or breaks a case. My trial and litigation experience is substantial and practicing in different areas of the law is tantamount to “cross-training”. It has given me experience and insight to “think out of the box” and come up with tactics and strategies that may not be expected by my adversary the attorney who is against you.
Flexible. Open. Prepared.
I am going to need to know everything about the facts related to your case and I will ask you many questions. And when you share your information with me, I can develop strong, solid and winning tactics on your behalf. From flexible office hours and open lines of communication to preparing for depositions, hearings and trials, it will be crystal clear that I care about you and the outcome of your case. We will both need to be entirely honest with each other. While you may not want anyone else to know about what you are going through, I am going to need to know virtually everything. And when you share your information with me, I can develop strong, solid and winning tactics on your behalf. From flexible office hours and open lines of communication to preparing for deposition and trials, it will be crystal clear that I care about you and the outcome of your case.
Trial-Ready Litigator And Trusted Advisor
Centrally located in Walnut Creek, California, I represent clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California including Marin County, Sonoma Napa, Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano Counties and beyond.